4.10.2011

raglan - put it on your to do list

I'd heard amazing things about Raglan from friends that had been to NZ before and it was better than the hype. I've been here for 3 nights, 2 days and it's been phenomenal. It's a small surf town on NZ west coast and home to one of the island's most famous waves. There's a beach break and half a dozen point breaks. All the point breaks are rock bottom though. I gave it a shot, spent 45 mins getting my sinuses cleaned and decided to head for the beach break. Apparently the surf has been below average since I've been here but its still the best stuff I've seen in my life and the surfers are incredible. There are probably 200 surfers better than anyone I've ever seen in person in my life. Unbelievable. They're all pretty nice too which is surprising.

Anyway, more pictures...

Manu Bay

Manu Bay looking back into the beach

Manu Bay looking out toward the 1/2 dozen other point breaks. Insane.



neighbors at the camp site - Brigitte & Lisa from Germany. They're on week 3 of 4 driving around NZ.

sunset in Raglan



1 comment:

  1. Yeah, pics! Looks pretty damn great. Continue having a blast!

    ReplyDelete